Sunday, September 14, 2008

And so it begins.....today I filled out the application for WACAP to begin the adoption process. Tomorrow I will send off the application to begin the home study process.

Am I crazy? A single mom with 4 kids...three at home...one off to college...working fulltime...going to grad school....and beginning this roller coaster journey. As I begin to share my plan with friends, they express a mix of emotions...."You're crazy!" "How exciting" "What are you thinking?"

For anyone who has known me for any amount of time, this comes as no surprise. Adopting a child from Ethiopia has been on my heart for over 10 years. There comes a time when you hold your breath...squint your eyes real tight...and jump in!!!!!

So....that's where it is....and so it begins....

12 comments:

June Berger said...

Good for you! I'm so happy for your decision. I know you and all the children will be blessed.

Kate said...

Lisa this is *so* exciting. I'm so happy for you and your family... I know that this will work out after you get through all the red tape, and that the child you find there will be so blessed to have you as their Mom.
I'm very proud that I have a friend whose heart is so big. I will keep you in my thoughts as you begin your journey

Cheeziemommie said...

WOW how exciting! Definitely inspiring too :)

orphans4me said...

Oh how exciting to get to join your journey from the very beginning. There was a time I was planning to go to Ethiopia on a missionary project. I didn't end up going--but the country is special to me.

Jillienne said...

Congratulations on beginning your journey! I hope the process is bump-free!

Jillienne
www.imminent-chaos.blogspot.com

Kerry Shealy said...

I would LOVE to adopt from Ethiopia someday, so I am excited to follow your journey!
Kerry from RR

Lou said...

Welcome to the world of adoption! No you are definitely not crazy! My husband and I have a combined family of 19 kids, and we are heading to Eastern Europe for #20, hopefully next month! Hope you have a smooth and speedy process to find your angel or angels in Ethiopia! Dreams come true!

pbnjammy said...

this'll be the ride of the your lives! :) buckle up, hold on tight, squeeze and pray and give it to God!! :) weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xx jamela from RR

Laura said...

I'm a single mom too. I have just one a nine year old and am starting the process to adopt a 3-4 year old through WACAP. I wonder the same thing, but I think God knows What he's doing.

amyl4 said...

I am also a single Mom adopting through WACAP. Congratulations on the beginning of a Blessed journey!
Amy

Mona said...

Hi Lisa,

I am single and adopting my first child from Ethiopia (just waiting for my referral). God knows what He's doing - I'm just along for the ride. Congratulations and hang in there - don't give up no matter what!

Sandee said...

Congratulations. I too am a single mommy (of 3), soon to be 4, as I am waiting for the courts to reopen to go get my daughter waiting for us in Ethiopia.

Congratulations on your big step!