Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh.....the joy of a new son...the frustration of waiting for a plan

We are all so unbelievably excited about our new little guys arrival! My adoption coordinator has received our acceptance of the referral and has contacted the director of the transition home where he is staying. He will now request a court date from the Ethiopian government, which will probably happen around the end of February or beginning of March!!!! Once we have passed court, he is legally mine! And then the chaos begins....Beth and I will probably travel within 2-3 weeks of court approval, so it could be anywhere from March....to April....to May...we think....yes, we really have no idea. So we get the shots, make housing arrangements for Alina, Tessa, and Steven with some wonderful family friends, and count our nickels and dimes...ugh...don't even get me started!

Trying to ignore the money and focus on the fun stuff....the first time I see his smile...will he be apprehensive and timid? will he be joyful and energetic? will I understand a single word he says? will it really matter?

Must arrange time off work....add him to insurance....get shots....prepare the other kids....learn Amharic(ummm....really?).....

I continue to remind myself that many have done this before me and lived to tell about it...in one piece...and with some semblance of sanity.....it's all I can hope for :)

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

It will all be great! Glad the snow finally thawed enough that you could get your paperwork and get all of that completed. Hoping for a speedy court date.

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for speedy processing of all this formality. I so admire you for this... I'm really proud to be able to say that I have a friend with so much love in her heart.