Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Counting down and gearing up....

Two weeks from today Beth will be 22!!!! Two weeks from today (if all goes well) I will be a mommy again! Unbelievable! And only four short weeks after that, Beth and I will travel to Ethiopia to bring home our new little guy!

Here is a bit of a rundown of what I know...or think I know....When we travel, we will be traveling with 5 other familes to bring home their little new ones too! We will all stay in a guest house (similar to a bed and breakfast) that is set up just for adoptive families....the week will be filled with visits with the kids, shopping, eating, Embassy appointments, and I'm sure sights and experiences that will change our lives forever.

I spoke with my adoption coordinator today...She just returned from Ethiopia and visited with all of the children while she was there....a CD of video and pictures is in the mail, on its way to my house right now! Just the thought of knowing that she was there with Yonas, sharing in the moment when he found out about his new family and his new home...overwhelming!

I have mentally packed for this trip in my head hundreds of times...I am anxious to just get it done...more than anything I just can't wait for that first moment of eye contact between me and my new son...the first hug...the first smile...the first everything....everything unpredictable and challenging...everything filled with joy and fear and excitement....

Six weeks...........

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

So close! I hope the time flies by for you!

orphans4me said...

Almost there! This is great!
Joy

Lou said...

Excited for you, and following closely!