Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's funny how we take for granted the littlest things in life.....I took the kids to the pumpkin patch on Wednesday and we took pictures to include in our dossier to send to our new little guy. I copied the pictures onto my computer, but didn't delete them. I also used the camera to take pictures of my kids in class trick or treating through the halls at school (I teach multiple/severely disabled students in high school). Sadly, I only got to do that for the first half of the day because during lunch a regular education student came into the classroom and stoled my camera....I truly cannot afford to replace it right now....by the time the student was searched, the camera was not in his possession, so there is no proof....and no camera.....

I don't know what bothers me more...the loss of the camera, or the fact that another child is carrying around my camera with pictures of me and my children....pictures that were to be the first photos my new son would see of his new family...

Praying for peace, and forgiveness, ........and a new camera.....

3 comments:

Leah Reeves said...

Hi,

It was so nice talking with you tonight. You have a beautiful family.

Leah

Laura said...

So sorry that happened. I didn't realize you teach severe special needs kids. I do too. I have the opposite end though I have preschoolers.
Laura
http://abrother4roma.blogspot.com/

orphans4me said...

I am so sorry. I can relate a little. Last summer I apparently left my camera at a park and it wasn't there when I went back. It bothered me so much that someone had my camera somewhere with pictures I could never replace and that were of no use to them. I'm sorry that these were pictures for your new kiddo.