Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a week.....

I received the final authenticated piece of paperwork for the dossier this week...and signed all of the paperwork for WACAP to begin the official Ethiopian process....so we sit and wait for the I171h from Immigration...this tiny single piece of paper is what places us in a holding pattern for being placed on the official waiting list for a referral...ahhh and I am told in North Carolina it could be weeksor even months...I could barely type that sentence. Just typing it made me feel like I accept that possibility, and I absolutely do not. My mental chosen deadline before panic mode is December 15...but of course I have a sadness episode everyday when I open the mailbox and it isn't there.

On a happier note! Alina is headed off to NYC tomorrow for her Macy's adventure! The band, in uniform, marched through the halls of the high school yesterday. My beautiful kids in my class were so overjoyed to see it that one of them actually burst into tears! What an amazing blessing to see the innocence and excitement and how little it takes to bring them true happiness! I love what I do!

Keep your eyes on the Macy's Parade! Feel the Teal and watch for the West Johnston High School Marching Band! They are the last high school band to march and will be near the end...and if you happen to see the teeny tiniest mellophone player (it looks like a giant trumpet), give a cheer, that's my Alina! .....and of course, in our house filled with a bassoon, mellophone, trumpet, french horn, oboe, piano, trombone, snare drum, guitar, clarinet, flute.......we all can't help but wonder, what will the new little brother want to play...and will our beautiful little Ethiopian addition someday too be able to march in the wonderful American tradition that is Macy's!?!

2 comments:

Freda said...

Hi Lisa,
I know what you mean about waiting for CIS approval. My home study was just approved and sent to CIS yesterday. Maybe we'll get to travel together.

I'll be on the look out for Alina in the parade.

Freda said...

Lisa,
My I-171H arrived today. I think we used the same office so you should get yours soon.