Saturday, October 11, 2008

The dossier update...

Got my passport in the mail yesterday...started mailing off my paperwork to be authenticated...the birth certificate went of to Massachusetts today...I have to send one item off to California, another off to Wisconsin, and the rest will go through North Carolina...the joy of having moved all over the country is that now each of my documents has to be authenticated in the state where it originated...

Next week I will work on the Police Clearance, get the letter of adoption to the Ethiopian Government notarized, and check in with the doctor's office to see if they have finished my medical clearance. Took the outside and inside pictures of the house; still need to do individual and family pictures (it's a little tough to do that these days with Alina lost in band land) :)

......on another subject.......we are a "band family" :) Alina will be marching in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade this year with the West Johnston High School band! Over 300 bands auditioned, and only 5 high school bands were selected! So....we see very little of her these days with rehearsals being frequent and long in preparation for their week in New York City.....check it out:

http://wjhsmarchingband.blogspot.com

Beth is a senior at Mississippi State University, majoring in Music Education. Tessa has been playing oboe for about a year now, and Steven has begun taking trombone lessons. The kids are all excited about helping their new brother pick an instrument when he gets settled in! At the rate we are going, we may end up with a marching band of our own!

2 comments:

orphans4me said...

Lisa,
I hadn't been here in awhile. So cool to see the progress that you are making. I loved the story about the $1000.
Joy,RR

Laura said...

So Lisa, I have been interacting with you on the Wacap Yahoo. I am just wandering if Wacap has sent you the Dossier yet or if you used the info off the yahoo group? If your Home study wasn't finished. I only got a list for a few little to send the agency and then after the homestudy's processed then they'll send the Dossier list. If you do have it on an e-mail and it's for singles could you forward it?
Laura