Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fingerprints

YAY!!!!! I got my fingerprint appointment in the mail yesterday! I am scheduled to go in on October 29!! Another step down. That leaves my medical clearance (which I hope my doctor decides to finish at some point). It's a bit frustrating that they don't seem to have the sense of urgency with the adoption process that they have with a "real" pregnancy. (That was me venting).

The only other piece of the dossier is the homestudy which went to my social worker for a couple revisions and should be in my hot little hands this week...and I still have to get some pics of me and the kids. That's just a matter of Alina's band schedule.........

Speaking of band.....we spent the weekend in Towson, Maryland for Bands of America Regionals...slept (using the term loosely) on a gym floor Friday night, then drove overnight last night to get home (8 hours). So I had about an hour of sleep since Thursday...a tad bit delirious, but well worth it. West Johnston High School Marching Band won Regional Champion!!!!!!! First time in it's seven year existence!

Back to adoption.....nice to be making progress! Hopefully, the USCIS will keep things rolling along with the paperwork once the fingerprints and home study are completed!

3 comments:

Cheeziemommie said...

WOW Lots of excitement over there!!!! think of you all often!

Carla(LoverofWords) said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your blog. My advice is if you can go to the doctor's office and talk to the the office manager explain to her that the doctor is holding your adoption if you don't get that form back. I did this (even though I still waiting for my child) and it worked. She pressured him to finish it between patients... And the PA can fill out too if your doctor has one.

orphans4me said...

I am excited about the progress!!
Joy,RR