Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nothing like a good miracle to reassure me!

The day I made the final decision to adopt, pulled off the road into a gas station to call a dear friend who is a hard core prayer warrior. I had discussed the possibility of adoption with her many times, so she was not shocked to hear the news. I asked her if she could begin to pray me through the process. Her response was, "Well, Lisa, tell me specifically what you want me to pray for." UGH! THis was challenging since I hate to admit it out loud, but I sucked it up and told her that I needed her to pray for the finances to make this work.

Let me digress for a moment....about 4 years ago we sold a baby grand to a wonderful man who teaches children with special needs. He made a few payments, but then faced financial hardships and could not continue making payments. He still has the piano, but we never received the balance for it.

Soooooooooooooooo....here I am years later and I arrive home and start opening the mail. Thinking this particular envelope was junk mail I ripped it open nonchalantly to hold in my hands a check for $1000!!!!!! What in the World!!!! I started crying and just could not believe it! What an amazing blessing! I definitely plan on writing a letter to let him know how much I appreciate his fulfilling this debt and playing such an awesome role in bringing home our little guy! I called my friend immediately to tell her how impressed I am with her hotline to God! haha!

Keep the faith...you never know when a miracle will arrive in your mailbox!

3 comments:

Cheeziemommie said...

OMG that's amazing!!! Definitely more proof that you're moving in the right direction!

Cheeziemommie said...

Hey guess what! We just got our lil neighborhood newsletter in the mail today and on the cover it says there's an article inside about the struggle's of ethipian orphans! I haven't read it yet but I just couldn't believe the coincidence. I'll see if I can find it online to email you.

Kate said...

Wonderful! This is just a sign that you're doing what you should be with this. :)