Sunday, October 26, 2008

The weekend update...

So here is where it all stands as of right now....my homestudy is in review at WACAP and should be headed to the homestudy agency for final write up in the next day or so. On Wednesday I will go in and get fingerprints and head to the doctor (I gave up and changed doctors, since the one I have been using clearly isn't inspired to help me unless I am popping out a baby the old fashioned way). So.......hopefully by this time next week, I will have a completed, notarized home study, a notarized medical clearance, and good to go fingerprints! I will then have everything I need to send in the dossier documents for authentication in NC! According to the site this process should only take 3-4 business days! Wow! So to bring it all together...everything should be at USCIS for approval for the 171H in the next 7-10 business days and my dossier should be through with authentication by then as well....and then we wait!

On another note....I watched Amistad today....it really makes my mind reel about the experiences and history between the US and Africa...it didn't really give me perspective....quite the opposite.....it truly makes me ponder the implications and irony of adopting a child from a continent that my ancestors so horrendously abused. It makes me wonder how much awareness there is on the African continent about what Africans went through for generations as they were brought here so many years ago......it really makes me wonder..........

No comments: